Hey all you Wayfarians! Are you getting excited for this year’s Wayfarer Weekend? Because we certainly are!
It’s been a very tough and uncertain start to 2020 and we still have a lot of learning and healing left to do. What we can be thankful for is the perspective we have all gained during this moment in time. More than ever, we have seen and felt the importance of community, the love and need for travel and the peace and balance we achieve from being outdoors. So, for this year’s event, we are stepping up our game, going all out with some very special and unique activities for a grand weekend you’ll never forget!! As an important note; we will be taking all precautions with social distancing, sanitary and clean environments when we assemble as a group.
PLEASE read through this very jam-packed weekend of events. If you wish to participate in any of the below activities, please reach out to our event director Amy Kawadler – [email protected] We look forward to you being part of this truly memorable weekend.
And finally, we are limiting the number of attendees to 180 people, so make sure you get your tickets soon!
*Tickets are purchased per individual (not per van) for attendees 12 and older.
*This is a private ranch and location so please no visitors prior to the event.
Dates: September 18th – 21st, 2020.
- Camping will be in an open field with no shade, please plan accordingly.
- Spots will be first come first serve.
- You will be allowed to come and go as you please.
- No campfires at individual spots. We will have community fire rings (if fires are permitted at that time).
- Dogs are allowed but must be on a leash and you must come prepared to clean up after your pet.
- Porta potties will be on site
- Drinking water will also be available
Schedule of events:
Friday September 18th
12:00 pm Gates + Registration Desk opens
- Only night group dinner will not be provided
7:00pm Community campfire
Saturday September 19th
9:00am Welcome presentation/overview of events
- BYOB – Bring your own Breakfast
1:00pm-3:00pm Barn Meet-Up Gear Talk
- Bring your favorite piece of gear to present; it doesn’t even have to be practical. Where did you find it, what purpose does it serve and why can’t you live without it? If you have an interesting story about how you found that piece of gear, even better…
- If you wish to participate in this event, please email our event director Amy ([email protected]) with the item to be discussed and 2-sentence description of your talk.
- Do you have a go-to recipe while van camping? What makes it delicious and suitable for travel? Be prepared to present your favorite recipe on a good-ol’ 4”x8” notecard, perhaps display the ingredients or pictures of the food. Let’s have fun with this, make it like a cooking show format, without the actual cooking. Perhaps even a delicious sample for everyone.
- We will have the submitted recipes on line to share with all the attendees.
- If you wish to participate in this event, please email our event director Amy ([email protected]) with your recipe, so she can create a roster to share with the group.
5:00pm Town Hall
- Have some burning question about Wayfarer Vans? You know you do, here’s your opportunity to ask.
- Because so many of you will have similar questions or want to learn something new you may never have thought of…Ian, owner of Wayfarer Vans will be opening all van related questions up to the audience before dinner – town hall style!
6:00pm Catered Buffet Dinner
- GF and vegetarian options will be available
7:00pm Van Travel Slideshow
- Tell us a story of a trip you’ve taken in your Wayfarer Van. What was special about it? What did you learn? What obstacles did you overcome? Or, tell us a story of some of the ways van travel has changed your life; by owning a Wayfarer Van, where have you gone, what have you done and whom have you met along your journeys?
- To participate, please send in a brief summary of your story along with at least 1 photo that describe the adventure/experience to our event director, Amy [email protected]
Community campfire to close out the night
Sunday September 20th
8:00am-10:30am Catered breakfast 11:00 am “Van Open House”
- We all have our modifications to our vans; maybe they’re big, maybe they’re small…things to make it more comfortable, organized, homey. You also may have seen other Wayfarian mods on the facebook fan page. Here’s your chance to show it off or check others out. Register your van with our event director and we’ll have an open house, where you can give a tour of your modifications and view other attendees’ innovations. We will all vote on the best mod!
- To participate and register your van for the open house; email our event director Amy with modification description to at [email protected]
4:00pm Wayfarer Marketplace
- Calling all artist/makers, Wayfarer is giving all attendees an opportunity to showcase their wares, free of charge at the Wayfarer Marketplace in the barn Sunday afternoon. We will have tables; just bring your tablecloth and items to sell. There is very limited space, so it is first apply/first serve. Please send an email with your products website or pictures and description of what you will be selling to Amy at [email protected]
6:30pm Catered Buffet Dinner
- GF and vegetarian options will be available
7:45pm White Elephant Exchange
- Bring a small travel or van related gift (practical or goofy and under $40) for our Wayfarer White Elephant party.
Community campfire to close out the night.
Monday September 21st
Light catered breakfast
Gates close at noon